After two weeks of no updates, Valve hits Dota 2 hard with some new features.
- Enabled Outworld Destroyer!
- Added new game mode: Single Draft.
- Added querying of dead units. This lets you click allied portraits in the top bar to inspect their items and skills, even when they’re dead.
- Queued move commands show a waypoint flag briefly.
- Added new settings panel.
- Matchmaking displays average wait time for each region.
- New interface for finding lobbies.
- New Matchmaking panel.
- Players can chat and use voice communications while the game is paused.
- Added game mode (AP, SD, CM) selection for matchmaking.
- You can now find replays by MatchID from the Watch panel.
- Added Grid Mode to the Shop.
- Added Repick functionality to the hero picking panel (costs 100 gold to repick, lets you select a hero again).
- Implemented “Suggest invite to party” menu option.
- You can now see which heroes your allies are about to pick.
- Added Steam avatars in the scoreboard.
- Added the ability to jump to any position in a replay.
Single draft has been added to the game. While playing single draft each player is given an option of choosing one of three heroes randomly selected from each attribute. (One strength, one agility, one intelligence.) Forming a team from the random fifteen options your team gets can be a lot of fun. It may not be the most balanced of modes, but the more options the merrier! In addition you may now select single draft, and captain’s mode in matchmaking.
Two new features in character selection screen have been added. You can now repick. It costs one hundred gold but allows you to select another hero. Great feature! Especially when you end up randoming a hero you can’t play. Also you can now show your team what hero you plan to pick ahead of time. This will make it a lot easier to form teams. If you know what your allies are picking you can choose around that and hopefully not get a full team of melee.
Outworld Destroyer (Obsidian Destroyer for original Dota fans) is now a selectable character. The more then annoying flying intelligence hero is back and going mid. This gargoyle is ready to burn through his own mana pool to eat noobs and get triple kills.
Remember to register on Steam and check at Dota2.com for beta invites and opportunites. I hope everyone gets into the beta. And for everyone with the beta, enjoy the new update!